Thursday 25 October 2007

Passport Nightmare

When we checked into the hotel – we were asked to hand in our passports – for a security check. Reluctantly I did so – on the promise that we could have them back in ten minutes.

When we were ready to go out to dinner, we called by reception to pick them up – ooops – they weren’t there!!
It transpired that they had been given to an other English couple – by mistake!!!

As Paul said there was nothing we could do until the couple returned to the hotel -we went out to dinner. While I pushed my food around the plate Paul tried to put me at ease. He "entertained" me with stories of the Mafia taking the passports – and to expect a horses head in our bed- or an assassin may be using it to get out of the country- or a spy could be using it to change his identity….it all made me feel so much better!!!!
Anyway when we returned to the hotel – the passports were there – along with champagne & strawberries to cheer us up!!!

No comments: