Sunday 28 October 2007

Mini goes racing!!!

Mini goes racing!!!
Mini goes racing!!! [Photo]Today has been eventful to say the least.We were all lined up and ready to go when news came through to the starter that roads were blocked – so it was down to sat-nav to get to Adria….only sat-nav didn’t appear to know the way!!She took us up the autostrasse – brought us off [we paid our toll] then took us back on again, in the opposite direction! She was about to do the same again when we decided to over-rule her! WeEventually found our venue – the Adria International Raceway – and discovered that almost everyone else had had similar problems – and we still made it in for our official time- phew!!![Photo]Then was Special Stage 1 – enter an area., crush 5 plastic cups around a circuit and leave the area dead on 30 seconds. This time I remembered to start the stop-watch – and counted loudly. However, Paul was concentrating so hard on “killing” the cups that he may not have heard me???? – so we may have exited the box a few seconds early – not a lot you may think but we get penalty points for every 100th of a second.Then we fell into formation for our entrance onto the actual race circuit. It was mid-programme for a Touring Car meeting. Lights on, fog lights on – horns blaring we were off!!We completed one lap[Paul driving], then we all lined up on the grid to swap drivers!!! – and I completed 2 laps!!!-pure adrenalin.Then lunch in the drivers quarters, before a final Special Stage ….driving a figure 8 in 12 seconds….think we did ok.…just seen the results and we have moved up 4 places [but the only way was UP!!!]

2 comments:

MARCELO said...

hola me encanta los autos como tambien me parecen que te gusta a ti.
A mi me gusta mucho el rally de tierra.
muchos saludos desde uruguay
y te invito a ver mi blog

www.chnoticias.blogspot.com

ello I love cars as well as I think you like to you.
I like very much the Rally of land.
Many greetings from uruguay
And I invite you to see my blog

Www.chnoticias.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

all looking very exciting! worried about how you will drive when your back over here how! keep the photos coming!!!

rachel (housekeeper)